Getting a great real estate agent is crucial in achieving real estate success here in Virginia Beach. The question is how do you find the best one for you?
WWe’ve uncovered the secrets to finding the right real estate agent. Here’s what we found.
It all depends on you
Different home buyers have different needs. Moreover, real estate agents are not limited to just one type. There are many professionals out there, with different backgrounds, specialties, designations, and special certifications. So before you go on and start your search, determine what you’re looking for in a real estate agent.
Here are the standard qualifications:
- Local knowledge. Your real estate agent must specialize in your area or markets of choice. Aside from helping you make a localized search, you can also learn more about living in that community, from schools in the area to the best eats in town.
- Experience. Contrary to popular belief, the years of experience one has in the industry doesn’t automatically mean one is an expert. It’s just one aspect of “experience.” If you’re paying special attention to numbers, focus on the number of homes sold in the past year and the accumulated market value. You want a real estate agent that’s active in the local spotlight.
- Reputation. Experience and local expertise aside, your real estate agent must be licensed and of good reputation and character. One way to gauge this is to check both the positive and negative reviews. We also highly recommend working with a REALTOR®, which is a real estate agent who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® who subscribes to their strict code of ethics.
How can you find the right real estate agent?
There are several ways you can meet potential real estate agents.
- Ask friends and family for referrals. If you know anyone who has recently bought a home in the area, don’t hesitate to ask for recommendations.
- Go online. It’s now common for real estate agents to have their own websites. Simply type the relevant keywords on any search engine and a couple of results should pop up. Real estate listing sites such as Zillow and Realtor.com also have tools that can help you find local agents.
- Contact us today. Since you’re already here, why not get in touch with our team? One of our agents might be the right one for you.
We’re affiliated with RE/MAX Alliance, with over 46 years of cumulative experience in the industry. We specialize in Virginia Beach real estate, particularly the Great Neck area, but we also cover Chesapeake and Norfolk.
Meet the right real estate agent for you today
The best real estate agent in Virginia Beach for you is just a click or a call away. Contact us today or visit our office at 2604 Barrett Street in Virginia Beach to meet the whole team in person. We would be delighted to help you fulfill your real estate goals.